Plastic in the News
- Jun 10, 2019: A running list of action on plastic pollution
- Sept 12, 2019: The fall of plastic, the rise of paper, and the gold rush at the center of 2019’s unlikeliest cultural battle.
- Sept 24, 2019: 3 ways we are making an impact on plastic pollution
- Oct 7, 2019: Do You Really Need a Straw With That?
- Oct 9, 2019: Plastic waste is everywhere in grocery stores. Can they cut down?
- Feb 14, 2020: Oakland Zoo Takes Stand Against Single-Use Plastics with Big Changes in Zoo Operations
- Mar 3, 2020: How Big Oil and Big Soda kept a global environmental calamity a secret for decades
- Mar 5, 2020: Newly Discovered Deep-Sea Creature Named After Plastic Found In Its Guts
- Mar 30, 2020: Seven Simple Ways To Reduce Your Plastic Footprint (And Why You Should Care)
- Mar 8, 2020: This 28-Year-Old Businesswoman Saved 11,000 Pounds Of Plastic From Sri Lanka’s Oceans
- April 8, 2020: Please Stop Throwing Your Used Gloves And Masks On The Ground
- April 13, 2020: Yet Another Consequence of the Pandemic: More Plastic Waste
Single-Use Plastic Legislation
- General resources for all grades
- Bring Plastic Free July into your classroom.
- Lesson plans for teachers, by teachers
- Resources for Students and Educators
- Plastic pollution in the oceans Downloads
- Lesson Plan: Plastic, Plastic Everywhere
- Plastic Pollution Curriculum and Activity Guide
- Algalita Educator Portal
- Massive Open Online Course on Marine Litter